Unabridged      Table of Contents      Home
Previous      Start Slideshow      Next

2006 Ottawa Magical Mystery Tour

Sweeney House

Jones Falls Locks      At The Campground      Ferries Home

Sweeney House sits on the hill above the Jones Falls Locks system on the Rideau Canal. The stone structure was built in 1841 as the home for the first lockmaster, Peter Sweeney. Over the years it had a few additions glommed onto it, but in 1980 it was restored to its original 1841 form, which is really quite small, to serve as a public museum. Two modest bedrooms, a tight kitchen and a sitting room in all about (rough guess) 500 square feet of living space.



img_2795
img_2810
img_2801
img_2802
img_2797
img_2798
img_2799
img_2803
img_2805
img_2806
img_2809
img_2811
img_2812
img_2808
img_2814
img_2815

Unabridged      Table of Contents      Home
Previous      Start Slideshow      Next


Last modified: Thu Jul 20 14:16:04 2006
tale@dd.org